Sheeran reveals to BuzzFeed: “I went to Ghana in Africa, which was a wonderful country, and they make this drink called Shocker, which is vodka, pineapple juice, coconut juice, and rum, and then they soak an ounce of weed in it, and I didnt know this,” .
“So, they said, ‘This is Shocker, go easy on it.’ And I was like, ‘Im Irish!’ And then I was just drinking loads of it.
“And they’re like, ‘No, no, no, no, no!’ And then suddenly I was like, ‘Woooh.’
“So yeah, that was a crazy, crazy experience because I just ended up being kind of comatose for about six hours, just kind of sitting in a corner. Don’t try it at home.”
Sheeran tells his fans not to try the drink at home, and says he didn’t get any inspiration as a result of his shocking experience. “It just doesn’t agree with me. So yeah, it really didn’t agree with me then.”