While your vagina is pretty good at cleaning and taking care of itself, practising safe sex, good hygiene and regular visits to the gyneacologist also help you keep the pH balance of your vagina in check. Why? Well, if that pH balance is off, it can cause discomfort and lead to infections.
That said, the easiest way to promote health in your nether regions is through what you eat. That’s why we have compiled a list of fruits that are awesome for your vagina. Check them out:
- Cranberry: Fresh cranberries or 100% cranberry juice (zero concentrates) are brimming with antioxidants and powerful acidic compounds that fight off bacteria. Pro-tip – if you don’t like the tart taste of cranberry, you can mix it into fresh fruit smoothies or ask at your local pharmacy/supermarket if they have cranberry pills.
- Sweet potatoes: They are rich in Vitamin A which is linked to fertility. Sweet potatoes can also help strengthen muscle tissues for healthy vaginal and uterine walls – everyone needs that. Pro-tip – you can incorporate Sweet Potato into your breakfast to start your mornings with a good dose of Vitamin A.
- Plant fats: Omega-3 fatty acids help with your body’s circulation and blood flow which is good news for your sex drive. Plants like nuts and legumes are rich in this type of fat also help with menstrual cramps and help relieve vaginal dryness. Pro-tip – You can also find these types of fat in oily fish (such as salmon), eggs and walnuts.
- Apples: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” goes the saying and for you vagina that’s somewhat true. Apples contain the phytoestrogen phloridzin and antioxidants, which help stimulate vaginal blood flow. They also help promote better sexual function, lubrication, and ability to orgasm.
- Avocados: These fruits are rich in healthy fats, vitamin B-6, and potassium which have positive effects on your libido. It also helps lubricate and strengthen the vaginal walls. Fun fact – The avocado tree was loosely name “testicle tree” by the Aztecs.
You can also create work these fruits into your meals in a variety of ways and your vagina will definitely thank you for it. Now get to it and treat your bits to some food that’s great for it!